ACICS’s accrediting body (Council) and its governing board (Board of Directors) will have five new members on January 1, 2014 due to resignations and expirations of terms. After reviewing applications and qualification for nearly 40 candidates, the Council’s nominating committee has acted to fill current and year-end openings as follows (all serve five-year terms unless otherwise noted):
- LaShondra Peebles, Vice president of Enrollment Management and Student Affairs at Chicago State University has been appointed as a public member to fill an unexpired term that extends through December 31, 2017. Her appointment is effective immediately.
- Seth Balogh, Chief Academic Officer at Bryan University in Springfield, MO and a former commissioner, has been appointed to the Council as a member representative beginning January 1, 2014.
- Beth Wilson, Executive Vice President of Corinthian Colleges, has been appointed to the Council as a member representative beginning January 1, 2014.
- Miguel Rivera, Vice President of Academic Affairs at Dewey University in Hato Rey, Puerto Rico will stand for election in the fall. His opponent will be Gladys Flecha, Academic Dean at Humacao Community College in Humacao, Puerto Rico.
- Monica Foote, President of Long Island Business Institute, will also stand for election this fall. Her opponent will be Julie Blake, Vice President of Operations for Eagle Gate College in Salt Lake City.
The two winners of the elections will begin their terms on January 1, 2014.
For more biographical information on each Council appointee/candidate, click here .